The Art Market is seeking artists with handcrafted, locally produced art, including pottery, quilting, knitting, apparel, painting, drawing, woodwork, seasonal work, floral and seasonal décor, jewelry, polymer clay, sketches, prints, photography, sculpture, etc.
Applications are accepted January through September. No applications between Oct 1 and Dec 31.
No imported or machine manufactured items will be allowed. All items must be handmade locally by the seller, and must have a high standard of creative and artistic value.
No drop-ins! All attendees must be approved by submitting an application (see below) before setting up. All attendees must also submit a signed Release Form and required fees on or before their first selling day.
Youth vendors are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Art Market also accepts licensed food vendors. Suggestions: coffee/tea vendors, pastries, baked goods, snack food, other specialty items. Space is limited: Food trucks please e-mail for information.
Musicians and street performers are encouraged. Community organizations interested in promoting their message are welcome.
Vendors are encouraged to enhance our family-friendly atmosphere by providing activities or demos for children and families.
FEES: $25 Annual Participation Fee (once a year), required on the first day of sales. Also, a $10 Daily Fee, required each day of sales. Pay fees to the Market Manager BEFORE you set up your table.
PARTICIPATION: Members should expect to participate in some organizational activities, such as advertising/marketing and event coordinating. We are a volunteer-run organization, and the more involvement we have, the more successful we'll all be!
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Open, print, and thoroughly read the Art Market Rules document (below).
2. Open, print, and sign the Art Market Release Form (below). Bring this with you on or before your first day of participation.
3. Open the Art Market Application document (below).
4. BY MAIL: Print the Application document. Complete the form in pen. Mail the completed application to Vega Metals at 214 Hunt Street, Durham, NC, 27701. Include at least two pictures of your art or craft.
~ OR ~
5. BY EMAIL: SAVE the pdf file to your computer. Open it in Adobe Reader. Fill out the entire form and SAVE your work. Email the form as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach at least two pictures of your artwork to the email.
6. Follow up within one week to email@example.com to confirm receipt and find out your status.
7. If approved, bring your signed Release Form and $25 Annual Participation Fee on your first day. A Daily Fee of $10 is required each day that you set up.
Art Market Rules 2017 Save, print, and read.
Art Market Application 2017 Save and complete in Acrobat Reader or on paper. Mail or email to Vega Metals. Make sure to include at least TWO pictures with your application. All attendees must be pre-approved via this application. No drop-ins!
Art Market Release 2017 Save, print, sign, and bring to Market if your application is approved. Required for all attendees!
*** Returning Members: Please use this form to renew: Art Market Renewal Form 2017 (returning vendors only!)